STRUMMER,JOE - ASSEMBLY[LTD ED RED VINYL]
ASSEMBLY showcases carefully curated singles, fan favorites, and archival rarities from the JOE STRUMMER solo catalogue. This 16-track compilation features three previously unreleased versions of classic Clash tracks, including the never-before-heard “Junco Partner (Acoustic)” and electrifying live performances of “Rudie Can't Fail” and “I Fought The Law,” the latter two of which were recorded by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros at London's Brixton Academy on November 24, 2001.
George Harrison's passion for introducing the world to new music expressed itself in May of 1974 when he created his own new label - DARK HORSE RECORDS. The label contained a variety of talented artists on its roster, including George himself. ASSEMBLY marks the first new JOE STRUMMER title released via the newly relaunched Dark Horse Records.
- New 16 Track Joe Strummer Collection
- Gatefold 180g x 2LP, Limited Edition 2LP Red Vinyl and 1CD Digi formats
- Includes previously unreleased acoustic version of “Junco Partner”
- Exclusive live versions of The Clash classics, “I Fought The Law” and “Rudie Can't Fail” recorded in 2001 Live at Brixton Academy, London.
- Also Includes the singles, “Coma Girl,”“Johnny Appleseed,” “Mondo Bongo” & “Redemption Song”
- Package includes new written foreword by Jakob Dylan
- All tracks remastered by Grammy Award Winner Paul Hicks (The Beatles/George Harrison/ The Rolling Stones/John Lennon)
1. Coma Girl
2. Johnny Appleseed
3. I Fought The Law (Live)*
4. Tony Adams
6. Love Kills
7. Get Down Moses
8. X-Ray Style
9. Mondo Bongo
10. Rudie Cant Fail (Live)*
11. At The Border, Guy
12. Long Shadow
13. Forbidden City
14. Yalla Yalla
15. Redemption Song
16. Junco Partner (Acoustic)*
Assembly is the first new Joe Strummer title to be released on Dark Horse Records. Designed as a new starting point to the Joe Strummer's catalog it includes 13 tracks from Strummer's solo career, along with two live versions of the classic Clash songs Rudie Can't Fail and I Fought The Law and a previously unreleased acoustic version of Junco Partner - making a total of 16 tracks. Other tracks come from Strummer's extensive solo catalog including his three albums with ‘The Mescaleros'.
Founded in 1974 by George Harrison Dark Horse Records has long been a home for Freedom Fighters, Storytellers and Troubadour's, words that can be used to describe Joe Strummer, making Dark Horse Records to perfect home to appreciate and expand Strummer's incredible legacy across, music, politics, and culture.
Rock & Pop